Recruit, hire, train and help retain qualified staff for Tribal Government operations. As well as provide personnel services that meet departmental needs in a manner consistent with North Fork Rancheria priorities and Native Preference goals.
Those applying for all positions must possess a valid California Driver's License and successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background investigation. All applicants must have the ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and must always maintain cultural sensitivity. Indian Preference applies to those who are qualified. Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace. All employment is “at-will”.
For an Application Package, open the below job description and download the 3 documents at the end of the Job Post, or email Human Resources at email@example.com , or contact NFR Administrative Offices at (559) 877-2461.
NFR Maintenance Worker
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$33,949 - $49,200
- Posted Date:11/26/2019
Job Title: NFR Maintenance Worker Reports To: Chief Administrative Officer
Department: NFR Administration
Salary Range: G5-G6 2019 RUS $33,949 to $49,200 Status: Non-Exempt Full Time
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Maintenance Worker II is responsible for performing general and advance maintenance, custodial & grounds keeping functions for the North Fork Tribal Government Office and Facilities. The Maintenance Worker II will be responsible to interface and communicate with all segments of society in a manner that is professional and that represents the North Fork Rancheria (NFR) in a positive image.
• Maintain grounds for the NFR facilities; including but not limited to mowing,
• Hedging, weeding, raking, disposing of garbage, etc.
• Maintain clean and sanitary NFR facilities; including but not limited to dusting,
• Sweeping, vacuuming, polishing, window cleaning, sanitizing; washing walls,
• Baseboards, window sills, light fixtures, cabinets and other surfaces.
• Maintain clean and sanitary restroom facilities.
• Maintain clean and safe furniture and equipment.
• Purchase and pick up supplies/equipment as needed.
• Assemble furniture/equipment as required.
• Maintain on sight and off site storage facilities.
• Maintain supply and property inventory control.
• Maintain storage security locks and assist with NFR key inventory.
• Take initiative and recommend effective maintenance & safety procedures.
• Coordinate with vendors as it pertains to the NFR maintenance.
• Assist with NFR Council Meetings and events as it pertains to set-up,
• Transport supplies/equipment and clean-up.
• Maintain cleaning supplies & order supplies as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• General and advanced maintenance, custodial & grounds keeping functions.
• Safety and sanitary hazards.
• General curb side beautification methods.
• Basic construction techniques.
• Basic plumbing methods.
• Basic electrical hazards.
• Obtaining estimates and quotes from various vendors and proper invoice distribution.
• Inventory techniques.
• Developing work systems which will expedite the efficiency for this position.
• Maintaining and prioritizing work orders.
• Analyze complex maintenance & safety issues and recommend viable solutions.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual maintenance reports.
• Train and supervise as required.
• Lift a minimum of 50 lbs, climb a flight of stairs carrying heavy equipment, climb a 12 foot ladder.
• Perform independently in a manner which positively impacts the image and credibility of the North Fork Rancheria.
• Maintain effective communication with all segments of society.
• Maintain objectivity in all business and confidential matters.
• Adhere to the confidentiality and code of conduct policies.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with other employees, agents of government, tribal citizens and the public.
• Ability and willingness to maintain a positive attitude while receiving and properly carrying out directives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A high school diploma, GED or equivalency certificate, 4 years’ experience in maintenance or other related field, and/or any combination of training and experience which would likely provide the required skills and abilities is qualifying and will be considered.
The individual must possess a valid Class “C” California Driver's License and must be capable of passing a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background investigation.
The individual must have the ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and possess a basic knowledge of Native American communities and always maintain cultural sensitivity. Indian Preference applies to those who are qualified.
The individual must be able to respect and adhere to the most rigid and strict rules of employer/tribal citizen/public practice of confidentiality. Violation of this major employment requirement could lead to immediate dismissal.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
While performing the duties of the job, the employee regularly works within the office and in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
INDIAN PREFERENCE ACT COMPLIANCE:
NFR complies with the Indian Preference Act. Preference in hiring is given to qualified Native Americans in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Subject to, but not in derivation of the Act, we are an equal opportunity employer.