- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$10.09 - 14.28 per hr
- Posted Date:10/24/2017
The North Fork Rancheria Library Administrator will coordinate all library activities, including processing, inventory, distribution, maintenance, circulation, and classification of books and audiovisual materials; and assisting tribal members, students and teachers in using and taking advantage of available library/media materials. Performance will be evaluated by direct observation, adherence to established polices and achievement of performance standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
·• Search standard reference materials, including on-line sources and the Internet, in order to answer patrons' reference questions.
• Analyze patrons' requests to determine needed information, and assist in furnishing or locating that info1mation.
• Teach library patrons to search for information using databases and/or internet.
• Keep records of library material.
• Check books in and out of library.
• Code, classify and catalog books, publications, films, audiovisual aids, and other library materials based on subject matter or standard library classification systems.
• Respond to customer complaints, taking action as necessary.
• Organize collections of books, publications, documents, audiovisual aids, and other reference materials for convenient access.
• Develop library policies and procedures.
• Evaluate materials to determine outdated or unused items to be discarded.
• Complete lists of books, periodicals, articles, and audiovisual materials on specific subjects.
• Assemble and arrange display materials.
• Confer with teachers, parents, and community organizations to develop, plan, and conduct programs in reading, viewing, and communication skills.
• Collect and organize books, pamphlets, manuscripts, and other material in specific fields, such as rare books, genealogy, or music.
• Plan and participate in fundraising drives.
• Write proposals for project grants.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Customer Service - Knowledge of principals and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Written Comprehension - Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
• Written Expression - Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
• Oral Comprehension - Ability to listen to and understand infom1ation and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Oral Expression - Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Computer - Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software applications.
• Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures.
• Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
The individual must possess a valid California Driver's License and must be capable of passing a pre-employment drng screen, a criminal background investigation, and be insurable under our liability insurance. The individual must have the ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and possess a basic knowledge of Native American communities and always maintain cultural sensitivity. Indian Preference applies to those who are qualified.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent.
At least two years successful administrative/customer service related experience. Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing this job the employee will sit for extended pe1iods; frequently stand and walk. Normal manual dexterity, vision and hearing range needed. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.