Recruit, hire, train and help retain qualified staff for Tribal Government operations. As well as provide personnel services that meet departmental needs in a manner consistent with North Fork Rancheria priorities and Native Preference goals.
Those applying for all positions must possess a valid California Driver's License and successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background investigation. All applicants must have the ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and must always maintain cultural sensitivity. Indian Preference applies to those who are qualified. EOE. Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace. All employment is “at-will”. For an Application Package, contact the NFR Administrative Offices at (559) 877-2461, toll-free at (866) 291-9909, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . A PDF version is available by e-mail.
TANF Program Assistant
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:G4-G5 - $29,847 - $43,414
- Posted Date:04/11/2018
Under supervision of the primary Department Supervisor, the Program Assistant will provide general clerical support and program assistance to the staff and clients, and for the services of the department within the Tribal TANF Program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Greeting and welcoming all visitors and families to the office directing them to the appropriate individuals or departments in a professional and courteous manner.
• Answering the phone in a professional manner, directing calls to the appropriate staff and/or their voice mail, transcribing and routing messages as necessary, and opening and distributing incoming mail.
• Provides client families and other members of the community with referrals, information or assistance relating to areas of need.
• Maintains records of contacts.
• Assists in creating documents and files. Completes and reviews basic computer documents. May input and extract data from electronic information system equipment.
• Assist program staff in routine clerical tasks such as, scheduling appointments, photocopying, and inter-office delivery, sorting, labeling, and processing various types of mailings, filing, data entry, and word processing tasks.
• Assists staff in the planning and preparation of programs, activities and events, assume responsibility for arranging the timely delivery of support services and supplies.
• May maintain a current calendar of events and assist in the development, production and distribution of materials used to market programs to the community.
• Orders and maintains inventory of essential materials and supplies.
• Ensure the client reception and general office areas are orderly requesting maintenance/custodial services for the department as required.
·• Assists with scheduling of program activities and compiling participant lists for a variety of programs and activities.
• May assist with transportation services as needed for client, youth or community transports for one of the departments.
• Maintains strict confidentiality of all privileged information.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work is performed in an office; continuous contact with staff and the public. Work conditions described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Long periods of sitting, some bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, twisting,
or any combination of. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
NFRTT complies with the Indian Preference Act. Preference in hiring is given to qualified Native Americans in
accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Subject to, but not in
derivation of the Act, we are an equal opportunity employer.