Recruit, hire, train and help retain qualified staff for Tribal Government operations. As well as provide personnel services that meet departmental needs in a manner consistent with North Fork Rancheria priorities and Native Preference goals.
Those applying for all positions must possess a valid California Driver's License and successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background investigation. All applicants must have the ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and must always maintain cultural sensitivity. Indian Preference applies to those who are qualified. EOE. Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace. All employment is “at-will”. For an Application Package, contact the NFR Administrative Offices at (559) 877-2461, toll-free at (866) 291-9909, or via email at email@example.com . A PDF version is available by e-mail.
Nim Nobe General Store Manager
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$33,394-$48,385
- Posted Date:08/06/2018
- Deadline to Apply:02/22/2019
Under direct supervision of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the General Store Manager is responsible for day-to-day store operations, ordering and organization of the store; including scheduling, training and supervising employees. The Store Manager is responsible for the store image (includes but not limited to cleanliness, health, and safety), store profits and all controllable expenses; including labor, inventory control, and cash.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a positive public image of the General Store’s operation, safe, hygienic, well organized, attractive interior and exterior environment; and ensure employees project a good level of customer service practices.
- Establish and maintain effective customer relations.
- Oversee the training and development of Store Clerks.
- Plan, schedule, supervise, and ensure proper distribution of work assignments; ensure adequate staffing for all shifts.
- Oversee and control all funds, including debit, credit and cash operations.
- Perform voids, refunds, and no sales under supervision of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Perform periodic physical inventory as mandated, prepare specifications for merchandise purchases; order merchandise as needed; interact with all vendors in a positive manner; ensure that sufficient quantities of merchandise are ordered in a timely manner according to procedures.
- Monitor the receiving of goods; maintain inventory control within the store to ensure adequate stock levels and to minimize waste and pilferage.
- Propose procurement/maintenance/repair/replacement of equipment instrumental to store operations.
- Handle customer complaints when appropriate.
- Ensures compliance and training to other Store Clerks of Federal policies regarding the sales of tobacco.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store in a timely manner.
- Establish and monitor store security policies and procedures.
- Works shifts as needed, including weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Customer relations, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Mathematical, computer, and communication skills.
- Ability to carry out instructions verbally or in written format.
- Money handling, basic mathematics, and the ability to account for a variety of products during vendor check-in.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Three (3) years of management of a retail convenience store or related work experience demonstrating the knowledge and abilities described in the essential job functions; and a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
The individual must be able to respect and adhere to the most rigid and strict rules of employer/tribal citizen/public citizen practice of confidentiality. Violation of this major employment requirement could lead to immediate dismissal.
Individual must be a minimum of 18 years of age, possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License, and must be capable of passing a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background investigation. The individual must have the ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and possess a basic knowledge of Native American communities and always maintain cultural sensitivity. Indian Preference applies to those who are qualified.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires standing, walking, climbing stairs, and manual dexterity. Requires lifting and carrying materials weighing twenty-five or more pounds.
NFR complies with the Indian Preference Act. Preference in hiring is given to qualified Native Americans in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Subject to, but not in derivation of the Act, we are an equal opportunity employer.